Matching School Ads
AmeriTech College Review
Founded in 1979 as the American Institute of Medical and Dental Technology, AmeriTech College is a Utah-based educational institution offering degree programs in nursing, health sciences and health administration disciplines. AmeriTech is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools for the delivery of diploma programs, baccalaureate degrees and Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
AmeriTech focuses on providing real-world experience as a major component of its educational programs. Since beginning its registered nursing program in 2006, AmeriTech has graduated more than a thousand registered nurses and become one of the largest nursing colleges in the state of Utah.
- Total enrollment, 2012-13: 1,559
- Graduation rate, 2012-13: 80.92 percent
- Steps to online admission:
- Earn a high school diploma or equivalent proficiency certificate
- Interview with an AmeriTech College admissions consultant
- Receive an acceptable score on the Wonderlic SLE-Q exam
- Pass the college's Online Readiness Assessment Exam
- Enroll with the Campus Financial Aid Department
- Applicants to the online RN-to-BSN program must have completed an accredited associate degree in nursing program with a GPA of 2.5 or better and provide documentation of an active and unencumbered RN license in at least one state
- Is this school eligible for federal financial aid (Title IV approved)? Yes
- Does this school offer scholarships? Yes
- What percentage of students receive financial aid? 93 percent (2012-13)
- What percentage of students receive federal financial aid? 78.5 percent (2012-13)
The programs offered at AmeriTech cover multiple disciplines and work to provide students with knowledge and skills that can help them succeed in one of the hundreds of thousands of jobs projected to emerge in the health care industry over the next several years. Here are just a few of the programs offered:
Health Information Technology
With increasing computerization of health records and a desire to optimize health services delivery with data analysis, the value of health information technology programs is on the rise in the career market. The HIT program at AmeriTech prepares students to analyze health records and evaluate them according to established legal and quality standards, ensuring that only complete, accurate and secure information is utilized by providers and billing departments. The program can be completed entirely online and requires 66 classroom hours of study, which are typically organized into an 83-week, 11-semester period.
Medical Coding and Reimbursement
Also known as medical insurance billing and coding, this associate degree aims to familiarize students not only with the terminology and standards of practice used in medical and insurance billing but also potential legal and ethical issues. A general education in academic and technological subject matter is also provided, including training in office procedures and associated computer skills. The 75-week, five-semester course is offered entirely online in an asynchronous format — meaning that course lectures may be viewed according to a student's own schedule. After all 60 credit hours are complete, students may sit, free of charge, for one of two national certification exams (either the Certified Professional Coder or Certified Professional Biller exam) offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders.
Popular Degrees You may want to consider...
Area of Study Select one...or select your own!
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Once an experienced registered nurse decides to move up the career ladder into nursing leadership, nursing education or advanced practice nursing, an RN-to-BSN program is the first step on the way. The RN-to-BSN program at AmeriTech consists of two sections: a 72-credit associate degree in nursing, earned at an external institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and a 48-credit sequence of courses earned over 45 weeks at the AmeriTech online campus. It also offers flexible scheduling for busy working nurses. The AmeriTech portion of the curriculum reflects the essential goals of established standards of baccalaureate nursing education.
Other popular programs among AmeriTech College students include dental laboratory technology and medical assisting. Remember to check the AmeriTech website for updates on the accreditation status of individual programs and make sure that the coursework offered can help you meet your academic and career ambitions.
AmeriTech College is dedicated to ensuring that there are enough skilled health care professionals to meet the growing demand for specialized services in the industry. Graduates of AmeriTech cite the highly engaged faculty, thorough programs of study and accelerated, career-oriented programs as prime drivers of satisfaction with the institution.
The student body is predominantly female, and the college boasts a small student-to-faculty ratio — 19:1 in the 2012-13 school year. AmeriTech stays connected with its online students and alumni through social media. Local students in Draper and Provo have access to a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, mountain biking, road cycling, fishing, snow skiing and rock climbing.
AmeriTech graduates cite the highly engaged faculty, thorough training and accelerated, career-oriented degree programs as prime reasons they're satisfied with the school.
Click for more info
- Member, Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Member, Provo/Orem Chamber of Commerce
1. AmeriTech College, http://ameritech.edu
2. AmeriTech College - Draper, CollegeStats, http://collegestats.org/college/447263-ameritech-college
3. AmeriTech College - Provo, CollegeStats, http://collegestats.org/college/229957-ameritech-college-provo
4. Outdoor Recreation, Draper City, http://www.draper.ut.us/index.aspx?NID=211
5. Outdoor Activities, City of Provo, http://www.provo.org/community/outdoor-activities
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.
Matching School Ads