Matching School Ads
Platt College Review
With three campus locations available in the Greater Los Angeles and Inland Empire area of Southern California, Platt College has been providing career training since 1985, including through degrees in business, graphic design and the medical sciences. Students can pursue associate or bachelor’s degrees in programs as varied as criminal justice, health care management, medical assisting, respiratory therapy, veterinary technology, visual communication, and many others.
At Platt, both day and evening classes are available as well as several programs on the weekend, which helps it offer its students a face-to-face education while still maintaining flexible offerings. Online learning is incorporated into the classrooms (through online research tools or Web components of coursework). Full-time career services staff are available to help with job searches, and students can be confident about the quality of their instruction, as the school is accredited through the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
- Total enrollment for all three campuses, 2013: 1,409
- Alhambra campus enrollment, 2013: 608
- Ontario campus enrollment, 2013: 467
- Riverside campus enrollment: 334
- Steps to undergraduate admission may include:
- Contact the Platt College admissions office at 1-888-80-PLATT or request information online at www.plattcollege.edu
- Complete an admissions interview, with an optional campus tour
- International students may be accepted if they have education visas or I-20 status
- Credits from another institution may transfer if you have received a grade of C or better, and the credits were completed at an accredited college or university
- Admissions deadline: Rolling
- Is this school eligible for federal financial aid (Title IV approved)? Yes
- What percentage of students receive financial aid at all three campuses? 93 percent
Certain programs may be available only at specific campus sites, so be sure to check with an enrollment adviser about program availability. All campuses also offer free parking. The three locations are:
- Alhambra: Located at 1000 South Fremont Ave, this campus has more than 27,000 square feet of instructional and learning space, computer and design labs and more and is located five minutes from downtown Alhambra.
- Ontario: Located at 3700 Inland Empire Boulevard, this campus includes 30,000 square feet of classroom and learning space, design labs, administrative space and is located right off Interstate 10.
- Riverside: At 6465 Sycamore Canyon, this campus has 23,000 square feet of classroom, administrative space, medical labs and more, and is located in downtown Riverside.
Whether you are looking for a degree in a creative field, like graphic design, or an education in the growing health care field, Platt College has numerous undergraduate options available. Here are a few of the school’s popular degree programs.
Associate degree in graphic design
Learn about design fundamentals, such as color theory, drawing and typography while also exploring the technical side of this field through classes such as Web Design and Digital Illustration.
Associate degree in veterinary technology
Study about anatomy, nursing procedures, physiology and parasitology and later on expand your learning through subjects such as anesthesia, diagnostic imaging and surgical assisting.
Popular Degrees You may want to consider...
Area of Study Select one...or select your own!
Bachelor's degree in health management
Gain an understanding of business fundamentals while also pursuing leadership skills and completing a clinical externship. Students should be prepared to sit for the national certification testing for Medical Assisting through the National Center for Competency Testing.
Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies
Understand the basics of criminal law, civil litigation, legal writing and family law and then pursue specialization in an area, such as advanced trial procedure or wills, trusts and estate planning.
As part of its educational philosophy, Platt College focuses on supporting its student body. The school provides career services, disability services, a GED preparation program, and tutoring. Tutoring is considered a particularly important resource, and it’s available free of charge to struggling students. Veterans will also find helpful services available through the school and may be eligible to use their federal education benefits. All of the campuses also offer modern facilities, pleasant learning spaces, and easy access to nearby freeways.
Platt focuses on supporting its student body through career services, disability services, GED preparation and tutoring.
Click for more info
Across its three campuses, Platt College also has three separate schools through which its degrees are offered. Students can look for the courses they are interested in using the school's broader general education catalog or by browsing through the list of classes specifically offered through these departments.
The School of Business and Legal Studies offers associate and bachelor’s degree programs in business management, criminal justice and paralegal studies.
The School of Graphic Design has degree programs in graphic design and visual communication.
The School of Medical Sciences is the largest of Platt College’s schools. Degrees are available for medical assisting, medical sonography, respiratory therapy, veterinary technicians, vocational nursing and health care management, among other subjects.
- Carina Aguirre, Instructor in the Paralegal Studies program at the Ontario campus, was nominated for Who’s Who Among American Law Students while a student at Texas Tech University; she has also been an adjunct professor at numerous community colleges and private universities in Southern California.
- Patricia Denys, Department Chair in Graphic Design at the Ontario campus, has been selected for Who’s Who in America’s Teachers and was named Teacher of the Year by the California Association of Private Post-Secondary Schools.
- Ara Hatamian, Instructor in the Paralegal Students program at the Alhambra campus, has worked as an advocate for the Chief of Police of Los Angeles County and volunteers to teach crime prevention at inner-city schools.
- John LeDell, Instructor in the Visual Communication program at the Ontario campus, is the president and director of the locally-based agency Running Dragon Productions.
- David Michael Morfin, Instructor in the Paralegal Studies program at the Alhambra campus, works as an advocate for Los Angeles County in employment and administrative law issues; while a student, he was accepted into the Golden Key Honor Society, Pi Sigma Alpha and the National Political Science Honor Society.
1. Platt College, http://plattcollege.edu/
2. Platt College-Los Angeles, Platt College-Riverside and Platt College-Ontario: Total Enrollment and Percentage of Full-time First-time Undergraduates Receiving Any Financial Aid, 2013, Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System, National Center for Education Statistics, Accessed March 24, 2015, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.
Matching School Ads