Comienza una carrera estable. Toma cursos en Contabilidad y Finanzas
La contabilidad es el lenguaje de los negocios. El uso de números sobre flujos de dinero, transacciones y valoraciones contables crean un registro financiero que cuenta la historia de una empresa u organización. El trabajo de los contadores ayuda a los gerentes, inversionistas, entidades gubernamentales y otros a entender cómo se utilizan los recursos dentro de una empresa y qué tan bien la empresa está realizando este trabajo.
Un título universitario en contabilidad es visto como un requisito básico para ocupar puestos profesionales en esta ocupación, con algunas empresas que buscan una maestría en contabilidad o de negocios. La certificación profesional - CPA (Contador Público Certificado de Contabilidad) es fundamental para poder ejercer como contador. Hay programas de contabilidad en línea que pueden ser una buena manera de mantenerse al día con cambios constantes en los reglamentos una vez que estás trabajando.
Según la Oficina de Estadísticas Laborales de EE.UU. en Mayo del 2008 el salario promedio anual para los contadores fue de $65,840.
Potomac Gives You More Ways to Get Ahead
When everything counts – time, career, convenience, cost, lifestyle, education, dreams – we are counting on you! Take charge of your future! University of the Potomac (formerly Potomac College) will help you dream it and redeem it with affordable, real world, education to land the career you deserve. University of the Potomac is passionate about your future, your dreams, your goals, your convenience, your career, your pocketbook, and your time. We guide you to your future. We celebrate your success!
Why University of the Potomac?
· Competitive Job Market Skills: Potomac teaches students to master professional and technical skills needed to compete in today’s job markets
· Market Driven Curriculum: Potomac has partnered with local businesses to deliver relevant curricula to ensure graduates thrive in the real world.
· Theoretical Applications Project (TAP) Honors Program: Through a series of projects and a mentorship, students gain an advanced practical understanding of the workplace, while boosting their resume and earning college credit.
· Multiple types of financing options and scholarshipsavailable to those who qualify
· Military student friendly:reduced tuition rates available for all military students, veterans, their spouses or dependents
· Flexible Learning Format: classes available at campuses in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and Online
- Washington, D.C. campus is conveniently located in the heart of the city’s government and business district, three blocks from the White House. In addition to providing the latest amenities in a modern setting, the campus is located adjacent to the McPherson Square metro station, and just three blocks from Metro Center, making it easy to commute to and from classes.
- Vienna, VA campusis located just 15 minutes away from Arlington, VA and the Maryland border in Tysons Corner area.
- Online campus option can be used to complement your on campus education or as a stand-alone option. Becoming an online student at University of the Potomac can equip you with the same bachelor or associates degree you would have gotten by sitting in a classroom–the Potomac coursework, learning strategies and educational environment may be a bit less traditional, but the extensive education is the same.
Degree Programs that Inspire Success
Potomac teaches students to master professional and technical skills needed to compete in today’s highly competitive job markets.
Bachelor of Science Degree Programs
• Information Technology
• Government Contract Management
• International Business
Associate of Science Degree Programs
• Information Technology
• Network Security Management
• International Business
Take the first step: Inquire for more information and learn how University of the Potomac gives you more ways to get ahead.
University of the Potomac is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104; (267) 284-5000. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other consumer important information, please visit
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.