ISA launches study abroad app for iPhone
Austin, Texas-based study abroad provider International Studies Abroad (ISA) recently introduced a free iPhone app called Study Abroad, which provides students with a searchable digital catalog for all of its programs.
"This app is designed to make the decision-making process a little bit easier, from choosing a program location to length of study," ISA senior director of university relations and marketing manager Dominick Luciano said in a statement. "Every option is organized with the touch of a finger."
Key app functionality includes the following:
- Search ISA's Study Abroad Program Database two ways: by shaking your mobile device and finding a program at random, or by selecting a COUNTRY and TERM, both of which can be locked to help refine your search.
- View a full LIST function that allows you to view all programs that meet your criteria.
- Access program details, including city descriptions, prices, dates, eligibility, and courses available.
- View an interactive MAP feature that details points of interest and partner universities for any of ISA's 36 program cities.
- CONTACT via email or phone features to get any questions answered by a trained ISA study abroad advisor.
- Direct links to the ISA WEB SITE with comprehensive program information and how to apply for an ISA program.
The application is also intended to provide users with a clear image of what various overseas cities are like, with an overview of key geographic features, including cultural landmarks, university campus buildings, shopping centers, pharmacies, public transportation and more.
ISA aims to launch versions for other mobile operating systems before the end of the year. "In the future we hope to add more versions of the app with robust features, but right now we're happy to offer this application to anyone looking for an easy way to narrow down when or where they want to go abroad," Luciano said. "We want to give students access to all the educational opportunities ISA has to offer."
The organization, founded in 1987, offers a wide range of study abroad programs at accredited schools and universities in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Costa Rica, the Czech Republic, the Dominican Republic, England, France, India, Italy, Jordan, Morocco, Panama, Peru, South Korea and Spain--and new locations are planned for 2012.