The cost of tuition is often the biggest deciding factor when choosing a school. Besides just the price, knowing how to pay for college can be challenging to understand, which is why we created this database to help students search through 22,000-plus scholarships, grants and other award options.
How to use this scholarship database:
- Use the filter on the right of the listings below to choose the options that best fit your needs.
- Make sure to select “update list” after you add or change your filters. If you want to start over/go back to the default view, select “clear your filter.”
- Here is an overview of the filters and display points that are available for you to choose from. All filters are optional:
- Award Type – Choose from scholarship, grant, fellowship, stipend, contest, tuition waver or military-funded options, or select them all.
- Major – Start typing in your major and an automated list will appear. Choose the major that best matches your own. Select "Undeclared" if you have not yet decided on a major.
- Current Enrollment Level – If you are currently enrolled in school, pick which level you are in. If not currently enrolled, choose that option.
- State – Typically only residents of the selected states are eligible for the scholarships that are shown. To see all awards available, regardless of residency, select “All States.”
- Min GPA – The minimum cumulative GPA that you must have to be eligible for the selected scholarship.
- Race – Mark all boxes that apply. Select one or more races, or choose "Two or more races" or "Other" if applicable.
- Religion – Choose a religious affiliation from the dropdown menu, if applicable.
- Disability – Choose a disability from the dropdown menu, if applicable.
- Sports – If you are an athlete searching for scholarships for a particular sport, select that sport from the dropdown menu.
- LGBTQ – Mark all boxes that apply.
- Military – Choose the "Yes" or "No" box.
You can sort your results by relevance, award amount, and number of awards granted by using the "Sort by" box above the filter. Search for a specific scholarship by typing the scholarship name into the search box right above the listings.
Learn more about how to get scholarships by reading our complete Guide to College Scholarships. You can also find more insight into covering the costs of your education by reading our How to Pay for College guide.
Scholarship directory data is copyrighted material which is reproduced on this website by permission of CollegeXpress, a division of Carnegie Dartlet. Copyright © 2020 by CollegeXpress.