The Imagine America Foundation recently announced the recipients of its 2011 LDRSHIP Awards. The recipients, each of whom will receive up to $2,500 in cash grants toward college tuition, are recognized as outstanding individuals who have shown remarkable achievements, both as students and as soldiers in the U.S. Military.
Through the LDRSHIP Awards, the Imagine America Foundation has awarded more than $325,000 to exceptional military students since 2004. Recipients have included men and women returning from military service in Iraq and Afghanistan, reservists, and honorably discharged, retired and active duty military personnel.
In order to receive the award, applicants must be attending Imagine America Foundation-affiliated or Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (ASPCU) member institutions, and must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher, as well as at least a 95 percent attendance record.
The following 10 students are the recipients of the 2011 LDRSHIP Award:
- Edward Costantino, United States Navy--Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics, West Mifflin, Pa.
- Manuel DaRosa, United States Navy--Everest University, Orlando, Fla.
- Adam Holybee, United States Marine Corps--Remington College, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Santovia Hornsby-Johnson, United States Army--Virginia College, Augusta, Ga.
- DeAnne Jacobsen, United States Navy--IntelliTec Colleges, Grand Junction, Colo.
- Joy Mattson-Dossey, United States Air Force--Harrison College, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Donna Parker, United States Army National Guard--Miller-Motte Technical College, Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Keven Robinson, United States Army--Lincoln College of Technology, Grand Prairie, Texas
- Lauren Santiago, United States Navy--Anthem College, Atlanta, Ga.
- Jeff Sedgwick, United States Marine Corps--Michigan Institute of Aviation and Technology, Canton, Mich.
"These individuals have shown bravery and commitment in so many areas of their lives, not just serving our country, but in classrooms, as well," Robert L. Martin, president of the Imagine America Foundation, said in a statement. "It's our honor to recognize them."