Get Your Job in Homeland Security
Homeland Security: A Growing Career Field
The Department of Homeland Security should have numerous career opportunities for you if you're up to the challenge; however, competition for employment in Homeland Security should be significant. Therefore, the more training and experience you have, the better your chances for a rewarding career.
Homeland security offers career opportunities in the following categories:
- U.S. Secret Service
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Immigration and Travel Security
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Prevention and Response
- U.S. Coast Guard
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Career Training in Homeland Security
To remain competitive in this field, consider career training in foreign languages, engineering, law, computer science, criminal justice, investigation and more. A variety of college degrees, including programs with online components that lead to degrees, are available for aspiring job candidates.
Check out the possibilities and prepare yourself for an exciting career.